After a very successful GeoRabble #1, we are hosting another evening to share geo-ideas, full of fun, and free of sales-pitches.
Date: Thursday 16th June, 2011
Time: Doors open 5.30pm, talks from 6.30pm
Location: Upstairs at the The Shelbourne Hotel, 200 Sussex Street, Sydney
Format: A series of short (10 minute) talks, followed by discussion/networking
Registration: Attendance is free, but we need you to register here.
We are excited to announce our first round of confirmed speakers for the 2nd GeoRabble event on June the 16th at the Shelbourne Hotel in the City. They are:
- Lew Short (NSW Rural Fire Service) : Mega fires – what happens when it all goes bad
- Lach McCabe (Sydney Morning Herald) : Using geo to reveal the story – online mapping to tell the story of parking fines
- Jacqui Kennedy : In Their Honour – mapping our Anzacs as we approach the 100 year anniversary of World War One
- Stewart Hay : Losing my religion; An introspective look at where GIS fits as a (sub)industry
- Anthony Baxter : Random Hacks of Kindness, Melbourne, a review of 4 projects related to disaster and crisis mapping from this excellent event
- Cameron Shorter: Memoirs of a Cat Hearder- Coordinating volunteers to package and document 50 geospatial Open Source applications
What’s new at GeoRabble #2?
- SpeedMapping – Bring your favourite map, or map story
- No breaks – Talks will Rabble on for about an hour
What stays the same?
- A fun night
- Meet old friends and new exciting people
- Get your geo-rocks off!
2 thoughts on “Georabble #2 – 16 June 2011”