Georabble Returns to Perth on the 21st of August 2019!
- Merindah Bairnsfather-Scott and Dion Fleming – Learnings from the Indigenous Mapping Workshop
- Craig Carpenter – MAPSWA – We Want You!
- Don Abbey – Dynamic Datums
- Mehdi Ravanbaksh – Image to Insight
- Peter Condon – Pole Top Fire Modelling
Get your free ticket Georabble #23.
Date: 21st August 2019
Time: Doors open at 5:30pm, the ‘rabblin starts at 6pm.
Location: Universal Bar, 221 William St, Northbridge 6003
Format: Mixed bag of spatial goodness
Registration: Attendance is free, but for catering purposes we need you to register!
Follow @georabble on twitter or use the hashtag #georabbleper to join the conversation.
We can’t hold these events without the help of the greater Geocommunity! Please contact us if you’d like to be a part of sponsoring a future event or get involved in helping organise an event.
This event brought to you by the Perth GeoRabble team and sponsored by Georabble friends NGIS.
We’ve lined up interesting talks for you! And of course, there will be a chance for networking.
Time flies when you’re having fun at work! It’s time to get together and hear about the amazing discoveries and achievements you’ve accomplished since we last saw you.
Your speakers for the night will be:
- Mike Bewley: “AI Systems: More than Models”. Mike will discuss the challenges (and rewards!) of doing petabyte scale deep learning on geospatial imagery – from building quick and dirty prototype models, to the robust, scalable infrastructure of an AI system.
- Michael Chang: The “Missing Link in Spatial Career Pathways”. Michael will share his experience on Professional And Community Engagement (PACE) activities at Macquarie University. This talk aims to bring up for discussion how spatial community/tertiary education may attract and train more skilful and employable young professions into the discipline.
- Ken Tsang “Trials and tribulations of real-time transit data” Ken will discuss some of the challenges he faced building his own map-based, cross-jurisdiction real-time transport app and some observations about creating open standards.
GeoRabble is about you!
Don’t forget, you’re the GeoRebels! We’re keen to hear your suggestions to make the event to your liking. Help us to shape it your way!
As always we’ll organise nibbles in a laid back atmosphere to network and discover a few things.
It will be a fun night in Sydney on the 22nd of August at Harpoon Harry!
Contact us on email@example.com to add the title and abstract of your presentation.
Register on Meetup or Eventbrite
See you soon!
This event brought to you by the Sydney GeoRabble team and sponsored by our friends @ SSSI
We’re still calling out for sponsors for our next few events!
#spatial #georabble #sydney